Thursday, December 12, 2013

Last day of chemo!!!

I had my 6th and last chemo treatment today.  Hallelujah and Amen!  I can't even explain how good it feels to be done with this part of my journey!  When I was told that I had to have chemo I was devastated.  I didn't know what to expect and was scared beyond belief.  I didn't even know if I could do it.  Would I have the strength?  Would I be able to keep up with my responsibilities?  Could I do it without the girls knowing something was wrong?  All of those questions went through my head a thousand times a day.  There were horrible moments and days during chemo and the after effects of it.  But I did it.  I'm stronger than I thought I was.  The girls have asked questions about me not feeling well but overall, I think life stayed fairly normal for them which is a huge praise!  So, this is it.  My last day of chemo.  I will still continue to go for my Herceptin but that is not bad and has minimal side effects.  I will continue that every 3 weeks until August of 2014. That means more time at the cancer center which I don't love but I know it will go by so fast.  

On the way to chemo this morning
 Noting the date!!!
This is my sweet friend Laurie who came by for a bit today.  She and her husband lead our Sunday school class and she has been a huge blessing to me.
 Kelly came by too.  I just love her.  Such a gracious and sweet heart she has.  She is the real deal.
 This is my Marianne.  This girl has come to every single treatment with me and almost all of my Dr. appointments.  She came not only on chemo days but every single Thursday for my Herceptin treatments as well.  She is amazing.  I'm so thankful for her and her friendship.  She has been the kind of friend that everyone would wish to have (especially at a time like this).
 This is Marianne's husband Mike.  He came by for a few minutes too.  He is seriously one of the most genuine, sweet, kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
 This is Lenette.  She is a friend from church and has come to a few of my treatments.  She is kind and sweet and I just love her.  
 This is Dina.  Her youngest daughter and Julianne are the same age and were in the same class last year and have been in dance together for 2 years.  She's been so great to me and brought us the most amazing meal last week (during a snow storm).  She came by today and brought sparkling cider to celebrate! 

I'm so blessed with the friends that I have.  I'm so thankful for all of them!  I don't think I could have made it through this journey without their love and support.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that so many friends came by to celebrate with you!!! What an important day! Praying for your complete healing!!

    ReplyDelete