Thursday, October 10, 2013

Round 3 - half way!!!

I had my third treatment this morning.  Half way done!  Yay!!!  It feels so good to be at the half way point.  

I continue to be blessed by the friends who are coming to see me during my chemo treatments.  It makes them go by so much faster and it is so fun to visit with them and laugh.  Today, I had a special treat.  I've been reading Ashley's blog for about 4 years now.  I don't even remember how I found it, but I happened upon it one day and just thought she was so sweet.  Then, 2 years ago, we moved to Arkansas and she lives in the same area we do.  We talked via email and then a few months ago via text.  We've been trying to get together face to face for a while but life is hectic and well, cancer got in the way.  So, she asked me if she could come to today's treatment.  I was thrilled to finally get to meet her in person.  She is sweet and hilarious and just so full of joy.  Definitely the kind of friend you want at chemo!  Thanks for coming Ashley!
 This is my sweet friend Kelly.  I also started reading her blog several years ago and ended up moving here and going to the same church as she does.  Isn't it amazing how God orchestrates things?  I felt like I knew her before I ever met her and she is even more precious than I imagined she was.  She has been so supportive during this time.  She has brought us food and a couple of weeks ago, came and picked the girls and took them for then entire day when I wasn't feeling well.  My girls are close in age to her girls and they just love them!  She is a blessing to me!
 At one point today, I had 6 visitors at chemo.  The max is supposed to be 2 but what can I say, we are rule breakers!  The chemo room needs a little bit of pep and we brought it today.  Thank you Tracy, Ashley, Laurie, Dalas, Kelly and Lenette for coming today!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment