Monday, September 30, 2013

It was better.....for a while

Well, round 2 started out way better than round 1.  I started feeling better on Tuesday after my treatment the previous Thursday.  I felt great for several days.  I even went to Tulsa to see Beth Moore over the weekend which was such a treat!  I was so glad I was able to go with my sweet friend Mel.  We had a great time!  

This evening, I started feeling ill with a cold.  Sinus pain, headache, runny nose, etc.  Shaun came home from work and was sick too.  I'm not sure who got it first and gave it to the other.  My white counts get so low the week after chemo that it was no wonder I got sick.  When I went in on Thursday to get labs drawn, my white count was 0.4 (extremely low obviously).  It's no surprise I'm sick but I sure hope it doesn't last long.  I was on a roll for 5 days feeling really good!  Big fat bummer!  The good news is that the chemo side effects (besides the low white count) were controlled way more this round than they were round 1 and it was so much better.  My Dr. gave me some new meds for some of the side effects I had and they really helped.  It also helped that I actually stayed in bed for 3 days like I was supposed to.  I didn't exactly do that round 1.  

Here's hoping this cold does not last long and I am back to feeling better to have some good days before round 3!  I hope you are all well and healthy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment